This intensive 350 hour training consists of 230 residential contact hours, and 120 hours pre and post hours.
Residential intensive (230 hours)
Held in Arrowtown/Queenstown in the South Island, New Zealand. These 230 hours consist of the following:
- 2 x 90 minute 26 & 2 classes per day (weekends are variable) in a custom built local studio
- Posture clinics – breaking down and studying the key 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises of the 26 & 2 (Bikram method) series
- Instructional command – learning to teach a safe effective class using a set of key commands (dialogue). The dialogue will be provided upon registering for the training. You will learn memorisation techniques and study tips to learn it and you will practice teaching and delivery the dialogue in small groups.
- Voice training and teaching methodology – delivery and showmanship.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Fascia (connective tissue) and how it works
- Common misalignments and injuries
- The energetic body and the chakra system
- Personal development and self-enquiry
- Introduction to nutrition and hydration for Hot Yoga
- Introduction to Patanjalis 8 Limbs of Yoga and the Yoga Sutras
Post training (120 hours)
- Reading assignments
- Teaching requirements
- Mentoring via Zoom
- Ongoing support